Monday, January 26, 2009

Layla Jean Gaylene Singleton
Born December 20th 2008
12:10 pm
8 lbs 1 oz 21 inchs
The labor and delivery went pretty good. I woke up for my usual pee break at 8:30am. While I was peeing I heard a poping sound. I figured my water broke, so I listened for a gush but nothing happened. I went back to bed and told Jesse that I thought my water broke so I was going to lay down for the half hour (it says to do in all the books) and get back up to see if there is a gush. I layed down and rolled over to my side at that moment there was a flood, lets just say she must have had an abundent amount of amniotic fluid to swim around in because the flood was greater then anything I had imagined possible.
I have read several birth stories where it has taken woman hours even 24 hrs to go into labor after their waters breaks, so I figured I had lots of time to shower and get the kids ready, etc, etc, etc. Half wat through my shower labor started in full force. The 10 minute drive to the hospital was complete hell with contractions every 40 seconds. We arrived to L&D at about 10am. I was put into a birthing suite and started pushing on my own without telling anyone about 11am. The nurse kept telling me to stop but I told her I couldn't help it, she checked and I was 10cm. Layla was sunny side up like both the boys but she decided to have her head tilted as far back as possible. So what came out first was her forehead. I was told by the nurse and Dr. that I was a champ for being able to birth a baby in this position. Yay to me. Following her bith I decided to make things more interesting and started to hemmorrhage, this finally stopped after the nurse proceeded to push as hard as she could on my uterus several times.
Lays birth was a fairly good experience, I only used the gas like I did when Shea was born but Shea's birth was so much easier. Layla is such a princess, we are all so inlove with her. The boys give her tons of hugs and kisses and want to feed and hold her. She is very calm and only gets fussy when she is hungry! I have posted some pics (out of order) but I will post some more as she has changed so much since these were taken.
Layla @ 9 days old


Just a few minutes old






No comments:

Post a Comment