Well yesterday was quite an interesting day/night! I was up all night with bad cramps. They wouldn't go away. I didn't sleep at all. Jesse left for school to write a major exam around 7am and at this point my pains turned into contractions. They were hard right off the bat, and really hurt. I couldn't walk through them, and I just laid in bed because moving around was not an option at that point. We went to the hospital at 5pm thinking that we would meet our daughter soon. I was acessed and I was still sitting at 3 cm and 80% effaced. The suggestion was to walk around for 2 hrs. So Jesse and I walked and walked. I came back when I was told too, and went into the unit to tell them I was back. A very rude nurse told me to go sit in the waiting room. Half and hour later they checked me and I was 4 cm and the dr stretched things to make dilation faster. Then I was told to walk again (why: because they had NO beds) So another 1 hr went by and she checked and I hadn't changed. She told me she wanted me to stay, and asked if I wanted pain meds. I took morphine and the nurse told me that I was going to have to go back to the waiting room again! At this point it was 12am and I said no. Jesse suggested we go home and rest and come back when the contractions are even stronger. Well here I am at home 6:30 at night having the same amount of pain. My Mom keeps telling me to go back in. But honestly there were 3 other women with broken water that had been there for 24 hours and the hospital couldn't get them into a birthing suite. To me thats rediculous! Being in labour and giving birth is such a special time, and the hopsital is making it a pain. I don't want to go back and sit in the waiting room. No thanks. The Dr told me last night that she would break my water and get things moving but the nurses wouldn't allow it because I didn't have a birthing room and there were 3 other women in line. So I would rather stay home and go back when I'm at the verge of pushing her out. My guess was that she would be born on the 19th of December...I guess not! :(
Here is a picture of my belly a few days ago. I didn't realize how big I was until I saw this picture!




No comments:
Post a Comment