
Well the last few months have been really hard for my Grandpa. In Febuary he thought he had a lung infection, and it turned out that he has lung cancer. He recieved radiation immediately but it didn't really help. In the last 5 months my Grandpa has gone from a fairly healthy man to a very sick man, and it really has proven to me what cancer can do in such a short time. So we found out that he is suffering from Termenal Lung Cancer. On Tuesday of this week the health nurse decided it was best for him if he went to a Hospice, so he is now at the hospice that is right next door to the old Grace Hospital. He is doing better being there. From what I heared he is eating and feeling a bit more comfortable then he was at home.
This whole situation has been really hard on me. I have never known anyone who has suffered from cancer before. I am not one to really get my feelings out, so I have been avoiding friends, church etc, and trying to come to terms about his situation. Although we havn't had the best relationship in the last few years...he has been in my life since the day I was born, and its hard to think that soon he won't be with us anymore. I really hope he knows that I love him, and that I pray that he feels comforted every night.
-Steph




No comments:
Post a Comment