Friday, June 5, 2009

Van Etiquette

I drive a van.
I never thought I would.

2 years ago we traded in our little Honda CRV for a Van. My husband was all into the whole van scene.

As soon as I got into the drivers seat I felt like I needed to hike my pants up to my chest and have enormous underwear lines.

I felt at least 20 years older.

There is definitely etiquette that you need to follow when driving a van.

  1. First you must never have the music up loud enough to be heard by other drivers or passerbys.
  2. You can't race other drivers; not that I would ever do anything like that...
  3. Never try to look cool while driving, you will just embarrass yourself, and last but not least
  4. Do not remove the seats in the rear of the van and try to take a nap in a parkade; it is not a camper, and you will almost likely suffocate.

This is me about 2 years ago. Posing with the van.



11 comments:

  1. There you go, trying to look cool next to a van. Didn't you just break rule number 3? Or does it not count when you are not actually inside?;) I actually miss my van. We drive a Suburban now because there are too many of us to fit in a van, unless it is 12 passenger (I can't do it). We don't actually all fit in the Suburban either. Anyway, I miss the sliding doors. My kids are constanly flinging doors open and I panic that they are going to hit a car next to me in a parking lot with those doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I will ever be able to do the mini van thing. I know I sat that now, but when I have more kids, it may just be a different story!

    Ki$$ed your blog today. Hope you'll return the favor

    http://www.mommygaga.net
    http://mommygaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then, when your kids grow up, you get to turn your van back in for a CRV or Pilot (as I did!).

    A whole new lease on life!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you have time come pick up a Kreativ Blogger Award I have waiting for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ya soooo much that.....I have given ya another award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cool next to the van - and btw love your new profile pic !
    With 4 kids, we used to drive the Expedition for 14 years! It was great driving up to VT for skiing..
    Stay cool,
    Jenjen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you made my day ;) I have to pass this on to my van friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still cool...
    In your next visit, I have 2 gifts waiting for you.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always tell myself I will never drive a van...but I want three kids....so i think i'm just kidding myself haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to drive a van but too scared to do so. Good for you! Thanks for sharing. Hey, if you have cool business ideas I would say just go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny post. I am following you from mbc. Hope you follow me too.

    ReplyDelete