Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Girl and her Nipple

(Yeah I thought the title was pretty clever myself)


I picked Gerber brand bottles for my daughter whom is formula feed before she was even born. I chose them for the sole purpose that they fit on top of these perfectly:
These are single serving glass bottles that worked well for our hospital stay and the first few days at home.


This is the size of the first nipple that L Bean used. She was fine with it. It wasn't too small or too big, and this is the first thing she had in her mouth, obviously seeming normal to her.

This above nipple came in the second pack of bottles that I bought. I didn't notice that it was a bit smaller then the first one...(who measures nipples?) L Bean seemed fine with it.


This is the nipple size that came with the third pack of bottles that I bought. When I went to wash these I saw a noticeable size difference. What is this nipple for? An ant? Seriously it is so tiny. Needless to say L Bean thinks size does matter when it comes to her and her nipple!











7 comments:

  1. Hey, okay your title grabbed my attention! Both my boys were bottle fed and I do believe that they skipped nipple sizes just because they were hungry little tikes!
    But that one seems very small maybe for premie's or was it a miss production one that ended up in the package? But like you said I bet L Bean doesn't care as long as she gets her milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL great title! I wish my son would not be picky he won't take anything but me and sometimes I need a break!!

    Stopping in from SITS to say Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey steph,

    i remember when my little one was born it was sooo great to find similac in ready to feed bottles just smack on a nipple and done.. express meal in a minute.. now if dinner was only that easy now! lol

    o yes, duck duck goose... now you are it, check out my blog... i tagged you...

    happy day!
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! The baby...not the nipples! LOL

    Coming over from SITS! Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopping by from SITS to welcome you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, she is just scrumptious!!

    I'm wondering if this is a sign of her refined taste as she grows - you may be in for some fun times :-)

    Enjoy! And welcome to SiTS - Em

    ReplyDelete