Thursday, April 2, 2009

Labels

I don't get angry very often, and I think I'm a pretty decent person. But if you label me and call me a soccer mom, I might just smack you. Dont get me wrong I have 3 great children, 2 that will play soccer this season, and I do drive a mini-van but I don't want to be called a soccer mom. I feel like the term is extremely over used and every mom should not have to fall into a specific category!
Am I alone in this? Do Moms like being labeled?

4 comments:

  1. All I care about is being recognized as a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks for the comment. I'm following you now too!

    I'm a sahm, and sometimes that comes with it's own set of lables...some not so great. Labels are so restricting, for we are all so much more than "this type of mom or that type of mom"

    Great blog, look forward to reading more =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, for 3 years I was called Basketball Mom.
    I was the only parent at Kelsey's basketball practices. All the girls came to me for things.
    Coaches loved it, Kelsey hated it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog-nice!

    Stop on over to my new blog, Bloggers Connect and add your link.

    http://bloggersconnect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete