
I thought I would blog about Jace's birth. I don't have it written down anywhere and I don't want to forget
Jace James Singleton
September 21st 2002
8 pounds 2 ounces
10:07 am
On Thursday September 19th I went into active labour. I was at my Mom's and I started timing my contractions. They were fairly close together, so I told my Mom to take me in. I got to the hospital and they said I was only 2cm. They gave me a shot of morphine and sent me home until I couldn't handle the pain. Jesse went back to our house, and I went to my Moms. I laboured on the couch until 3am. We decided to go back to the hospital around 3:30am. I remember I was standing up in the front seat of my Moms car because the pain was so bad. we got to the hospital and my Mom called Jesse to come. I was in so much pain I couldn't handle it. I couldn't lay down, and standing wasn't much better. Jesse and I walked the halls, and nothing was working to take any of my pain away. It felt like I was having a constant contraction when I think back. Friday afternoon my Dr. offered me the epidural. I was nervous but I went for it. Well to sum things up IT DIDN'T WORK. My Dr. decided to order another one, and that one didn't work either. friday night was worse the hell! I really can't describe how bad it was. The nurse broke my water, so I was wet, hot, sticky, and in so much pain. I was making progress through this pain though which was a good thing. My Dr. came it arounf 3 or 4am Saturday morning and decided it was time to push. I pushed and pushed and pushed. I did this until 8 am and nothing was happening. At this point I was screaming really loud, and cursing at the nurses, and at my Dr. and everyone else. At this point I gave up on everyone and everything. I wanted to run and escape the drama that I was going through. At around 930am my Dr. came into my room and explained to me, Jesse, and our Moms that I was not able to get my son out without assistance. My pelvis wasn't wide enough for him, and he was stuck. After she said this his heart rate dropped drastically. A new dr came in and told me I was going for an emergency forcep delivery and if that didn't work it was a c-section. I remember signing forms and getting pumped full of meds. I was rushed to the OR and Jesse was right behind me in his scrubs. the operating room was scary and cold and there were a lot of lights. There were 6 Doctors in the room and about 4 nurses. The birth of my son had turned into a nightmere and I scared out of my mind. My dr (who was suppost to deliver my son) had to stand back and watch. The forceps were used, and my son was born. I don't remember if he cried or not because I was so stoned. I looked at my Mom and Jesse's Mom who were behind glass and they looked happy, but I didn't share in their joy. Jace was rushed to the NICU because he was in such distress that only one of his lungs was working. I was left on the table without my son, and was in shock. I couldn't stop shaking. After I was cleaned up I went back to my labour suite. A nurse decided I needed to go to the bathroom, she wheeled me in and told me to stand up. As I stood up I colapsed. I hadn't eaten, had a drink or slept in 3 days. After this event I was able to go see Jace. He was crying when I got to his bed in the NICU, I started talking to him and he stopped crying. I visited him for 10 minutes, and was told someone would bring me my son soon. I got situated in my room and waited and waited. At 4pm my son was wheeled in to my room. He was wraped tighly and he had a blue knit cap on. I feel in love at that moment. I was a Mom and I was so happy. The nurse asked if I wanted to hold him, and I said yes. After all was said and done I was blessed with a miracle and he has made my life wonderful.




No comments:
Post a Comment