Thursday, May 21, 2009

Love Affair

When I opened my front door last Saturday morning I felt the warm air hit my face, and then something BIG and BLUE caught my eye. It was the most amazing thing I had seen for some time. I ran out the front door still in my pajamas. I greeted my new friend with open arms. I peeled off the plastic bag, and quickly pulled out the brochure. My city finally decided to start a curb side recycling program. And I was given a giant BLUE bin to fill with everything I could find...laundry soap bottles, big formula cans, bags, etc. My BLUE bin is getting fuller and fuller by the day and I am stoked.




6 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a beautiful garbage can! I wish our city recycled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a curb side recycling program here but you have to buy your own recycling boxes and they don't have lids on them. I wish ours were like yours! That would be great! I could fit more thing in there and if the wind was blowing my recycling wouldn't fly around the neighborhood (that really defeats the purpose, doesn't it?!)

    Plus with a bin like that I could keep it outside and not worry about animals getting into it and (as mentioned above) it wouldn't get blown away!

    yay glad your city is doing recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't know there were cities that didn't recycle! Maybe we're a little more green here, in WA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! I'm passing on a blog award. You can pick it up at http://knutsonupdateonline.blogspot.com/2009/05/blogging-award.html.

    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one of my giveaway winners. Come on over to my blog, click on the email address in my profile, and send me your home address so I can get the book sent. It'll probably go out on Tuesday or Wednesday.

    Congratulations!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. We have crappy blue bins that the city provides. I think everyone in town is broken, cracked or has a broken cover. They dump them and slam them onto the ground or just toss them back on to the curb. I want a nice one like yours. LOL

    ReplyDelete