Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Go Away Sick

I am not sure how Mr. Sick was invited in, but he just won't leave. My whole family has been sick except me. I have been tending to the needs of my small children, doing an assortment of, at times, grueling tasks.
Middle Mans eyes turned from blue to pinky red thanks to pink eye...so I have had the pleasure of holding him down, peeling his tightly shut eyes open and squeezing drops in his eyes. He loves this, its the highlight in my house every morning/evening.
Sitting in a stuffy packed clinic was another enjoyable venture this week. A two hour wait to see a doctor confirmed by suspicion that middle man had a ear infection in both ears, and J had a one sided ear infection and tonsillitis.
Being the Amazing Mom that I am I gave J his 4 mls of medicine, and give Middle Man his dosage of 3 mls of medicine...As I squeezed the little plunger syringe into his mouth I watched all 10 mls go in and be swollowed. When it dawned on me that I had indeed possibly just poisoned my 3 year old, I spent an hour on hold waiting to talk to a registered nurse on the phone about the possibility of the outcome of this miss hap. While scrubbing L Beans poop out of the rug, I was reassured that Middle Man would be okay. When I finally got the kids to bed I thought to myself how Hubs was at his buddies studying for a huge midterm, for a minute I felt a little jealous of his (mostlikely) uneventful evening...my thoughts were interupted however by my delightful little girl that was looking up at me waiting for me to adore her. I indeed am so thankful for all my blessings no matter what the outcome of the day is.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I hope your kiddos are ok soon.
    A mother work is never done. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete